Tailor-Made Tours in the Cotswolds, England
We can cater for groups of up to 4 people of all skill levels at either a still water or river location. The main speciality is fly fishing for trout and grayling, For river fishing the trout season is 1st April to 30th September, for grayling the season is 16th June to 14th March. There […]
The Battle of Tewkesbury took place on 4 May 1471. It was one of the decisive battles of the Wars of the Roses, the forces of the House of Lancaster comprehensively defeated by those of the House of York and their monarch, King Edward IV. The Lancastrian heir to the throne, Edward, Prince of Wales, […]
The west of England is the home of cider making. Each Friday from Mid October to mid November we make cider, or rather we press apples and extract the juice, in the market garden. Because the equipment is all set up in our shed on these days, an opportunity exists to demonstrate the process of cider making on […]
Discover a passion for art on this bespoke journey into art history. Art expert Laura Pugh offers informative talks tailored around the periods and topics that take your interest, as illustrated by her galleries’ own collections. Oxford lies at the very eastern confine of the Cotswolds; and at the heart of Oxford’s art world, Aidan […]
As part of your holiday in the Cotswolds we can offer an unusual and fascinating experience walking with birds of prey. We can offer birds of prey and falconry experiences including Hawk Walks and Owl Encounters. Our range of packages gives you the chance to handle and fly a variety of birds of prey in […]
The Cotswolds region covers a vast area – it is, after all, the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in the UK. There are all sorts of ways of discovering it but if you want to cover a lot of ground, then perhaps a helicopter trip might be the answer. We can offer you this […]
If you are doing, for example, one of our walking holidays, or one of our bespoke tailor-made trips, and would like a rest day, you might consider this: a six hour day tour of north Cotswold villages in Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire that includes an invitation into a private home (a glorious thatched cottage), for morning […]
Cooking is wonderful but sometimes it is even better when someone else does it for you, especially when they are talented and dedicated to their craft. So if you would like us to organise a special picnic for you; or if you would like a cooking lesson here in the Cotswolds, with a kitchen gardener, […]
The Cotswold region is many things – and one of them is a paradise for lovers of gardens. The gardens of every village are beautifully and lovingly tended but more than that there are many wonderful gardens opent to the public. Among the most famous are Hidcote and Kiftsgate, but there are many, many more […]
If you want a tailor-made holiday in the Cotswolds, we can put together an itinerary to suit you – whether walking, garden visits, a visit to a cheese maker, photography, or anything else. Here are a few of the possibilities, any of which can be built in to a wider tour Photography A day or […]
Shooting Tuition At International Championship Shooting School Ian Coley is Gloucestershire born and bred. He started out as a gamekeeper before working at a gunsmiths, which led to him running his own gunsmith business in Cheltenham. By this time, he was shooting for his county and for England and Great Britain. He then went on […]
If you know roughly what you want to do
– or if you don’t know what you want to do at all – then we can help by putting together a tailor-made Cotswold holiday itinerary.
You may, for example, have an interest in gardens, history, food and walking. Or just one or some of these. We, according to the time you have available, and some idea of your budget, will put together an itinerary that will allow you to make the best of your time here, so that you enjoy the very best of the Cotswolds.
We can provide a guide when needed, or create a completely self-guided itinerary. For walking or cycling tours, we have many years of experience and know the footpaths and back roads of the area like no other.
Tailor-made & Bespoke Cotswold Holidays
There are many, many possible themes that you might like to explore:
- History – for example, an itinerary tracing the course of Cotswold history and English history, in particular the medieval Cotswold wool trade.
- Traditional crafts – drystone walling, for example. Cotswold limestone gives the area its distictive golden hue.
- Literature and music – the Cotswolds are associated with many great English musicians and writers among them: Vaughan Williams, Ivor Gurney, Laurie Lee (‘Cider with Rosie’), J.B. Priestley.
- Events – from the cheeserolling on Cooper’s Hill to the Cheltenham Literature festival.
- Steam trains and industrial heritage – the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway runs from Cheltenham Racecourse to Toddington on a scenic route which takes approximately an hour and a half round trip. Walk alongside the canals with their charming bridges.
- Cotswold Gardens – some of Europe’s finest gardens are open to the public here.
- Treasure Trails – especially if you need to entertain children.
For a walk we can provide all you need – clear route notes and maps. Any distance, any theme, any duration. We will have a walk or walks to suit you, for we are the Cotswold walking company par excellence.
- Cotswold country cycles – for a day’s cycling, or more, we can provide all you need to include route notes and maps, bicycle hire, local assistance.
- Accommodation – you tell us what type of Cotswold accommodation you require, and we will find it for you.
- Luxury – we can make your holidays as comfortable and luxurious as you like
Here is a snapshot of the kind of places you might see on your Cotswold Holiday:
If you would like to speak to us regarding your holiday ideas then please give us a call on 01242 254353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org